Booking information, Rental Reservations & Terms and Conditions of Hire.
All bookings and enquiries can be made by either telephone Office 01243814385 Mobile 07811500808 or email email@example.com with Wayside campervan hire and we will attempt to respond within 24 hours of your contact All our hire rates include unlimited miles, UK Fully Comprehensive Insurance and UK Breakdown Cover for a maximum of two drivers. Our Vehicles are insured by Wayside campervan hire and are roadworthy and comply with the requirements of the Road Traffic Acts (and all regulations made under those Acts) relating to the Vehicles. Details of the Company’s insurance are available on request if required.
- Availability will be confirmed at the time of booking. The hire charge for the booking shall be as stated in the booking confirmation or quotation that you will receive within 24 hours of contact. The booking deposit is £150.00 per week per vehicle, payable at the time of making a reservation and deducted from the total hire charge. The booking deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable under any circumstances (with the exception COVID, where we would try to transfer to another date where possible)
- Our confirmation of booking will show the cost of hire, Insurance Excess and balance out standing including due dates.
- The standard insurance excess is £500 (£750 for drivers aged 23 or 24). This must be paid prior to the hire start period and will be returned within 7 days of the hire return date assuming the vehicle is returned undamaged and in the same condition as received.
- Any reservation made with us deems you accept our terms and conditions of hire.
- Payment can be made by credit card, debit card, internet banking/Bacs or pounds sterling (cash), for late bookings (less than six weeks before) the full hire price is payable on booking.
- A copy of the front and back of a valid photo driving licence card must be provided. This must have an up-to-date address. An online driving licence check must be completed, and a copy provided. You can do this here: https://www.viewdrivingrecord.service.gov.uk/driving-record/licence-number
- If you have an EU licence and have been living in the UK for less than 12 months but you will need to supply two proofs of ID, plus an original passport. An online driving licence check must be completed, and a copy provided. You can do this here: gov.uk/driving-nongb-licence
- Two forms of proof of address must be provided. The address must match the driving licence and be dated within 90 days of the hire of the vehicle. One acceptable proof of address must be from one of the following: Utility Bill, Council tax bill, TV/internet/landline telephone bill, Bank or Credit Card statement, Mortgage statement, HMRC tax credit/self assessment – please note mobile phone bills are not acceptable as the primary proof. Secondary proof of address can be obtained from any of the following Student loan, shotgun licence, payslip, mobile phone bill, pensions letters, car finance statement, loan statement or property deed.
- Rental Agreement means the form signed by you upon collection of your vehicle, setting out the period and specific terms of rental to which this Agreement applies. Please read all terms and conditions before signing to agree to be bound by these terms and conditions of the hire and insurance, by signing you agree that you have seen and read or have had the opportunity to see and read the rental agreement.
- Rental Period means the period commencing on the date shown on the Rental Agreement and ending on the date that you return the Vehicle to us (For extensions the terms will be extended to the amended return date).
- Vehicle means the vehicle described in the Rental Agreement (or any substitute vehicle) and includes but is not limited to its under body, parts, components, accessories, and contents supplied by us (except where specifically excluded).
- We, our and us means Wayside Campervan Hire. You, your and yourself means the person(s) recorded in the Rental Agreement, the Hirer and includes all Additional Drivers as described on the Rental Agreement.
- All drawings, descriptive matter, specifications and advertising issued by us and any descriptions or illustrations contained in our information, brochures or web site are issued or published for the sole purpose of giving an approximate idea of the Vehicles described in them. They will not form part of this Contract.
- We agree that you may hire the Vehicle subject to the terms of this Agreement. You agree to comply with the terms of this Agreement and to pay the Fees to us by their due date or when chargeable.
- This Agreement may only be amended in writing by us, and its terms always apply during your use of the Vehicle and from when you pay your deposit confirming, you agree to the terms stated on the agreement.
- The Vehicle and its contents always remain the property of Wayside camper van hire.
You agree and acknowledge that:
The insured vehicle(s) shall be driven only by the Hirer or other permitted person/s who agree as follows:
- You will only drive the Vehicle if you have not had an insurance policy decline or cancelled in your name or been convicted of, or have charges pending for, an offence relating to driving a vehicle and have provided all documentation requested and have been approved by us to be insured. Details of all additional Drivers are required, and all drivers must be present at handover of the Vehicle.
- You are aged between 23 and 75 years old and you have held a full and valid driving licence for at least 2 years, that has been issued by one of these countries: UK, EU, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. You must be able to demonstrate that they you have driven on a regular basis for at least 2 years and feel confident to drive a Vehicle of the dimensions of the Vehicle Hired
- You have not had your licence suspended for any period within the last 5 years and/or have not been involved in more than one fault or non-fault claim in the last 5 years.
- You have no more than two convictions with a maximum of 3 points per conviction. "Spent" convictions maybe disregarded covered by the rehabilitation offenders act 1974. Insurance referrals are available upon request should your driving licence not fit the criteria recommended above, this should be completed before a booking is made. Please contact the office for more details
- You have no medical condition that is notifiable to the Licensing Authorities (such as DVLA) which has not been disclosed or reported to them.
- Whilst driving the Vehicle you must not: Be under the influence of alcohol, drugs or have a blood alcohol content that exceeds the legal limit or carry more passengers than may be properly accommodated by the seat belt restraints provided in the vehicle.
- You must not tow any trailer or other vehicle behind the vehicle without prior insurance approval. You must not exceed the gross vehicle weight or use the vehicle for, or in conjunction with any race, competition, or trial. You must not be a person/s engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or professional sports, a jockey or person connected with racing, gaming industry or press of any sort without insurance referral.
- You are not a person who, whilst driving, have been involved in more than one fault accident during in the past 3 years or be a foreign Service Personnel other than persons holding a full UK/EU licence for 2 years or more.
- Drivers are personally liable for all legal penalties (e.g.: parking tickets, Congestion Charges, speeding fines) which are incurred during the Period of Hire.
The Hirer accepts responsibility for the following:
- Regularly checking oil and water levels, this should be undertaken at least at every fuel filling and taking appropriate action. You are responsible for any expenses and damage caused because of using the incorrect fuel and any uninsured losses, which may arise because of the hire
- In the rare event that any of the tyres are damaged for any reason through normal wear and tear you must undertake the replacing of it immediately with a tyre of the same dimensions, type, and wear characteristics. We will reimburse any costs should they occur. You must get authorisation from us for any costs and keep receipts. Similarly, should you run out of gas please replace with a same size refill and we will refund upon receipt. You shall be responsible for damage to windscreens, tyres, punctures and all costs and expenses incurred because of offences against the Road Traffic Acts and / or regulations thereunder and indemnifies us from any liability.
- You must always make sure that the seat belts provided are worn at all times whilst driving and will not carry more passengers than the number set out on the Booking Form
- You must report to us any damage to the Vehicle or damage to any property as soon as possible.
- We operate no smoking policy and smoking is strictly forbidden in all our campervans. You will be automatically charged is there is evidence, or we suspect that smoking has occurred in the Vehicle when it is returned.
- You are responsible for the security of the Vehicle and must ensure that if the Vehicle is left unattended at any time that it is securely locked and parked in a safe, well-lit location, you must take every precaution to prevent loss from or theft of the Vehicle you will be responsible for the control of the Vehicle during the Hire Period.
- Fully Comprehensive Insurance cover is provided for the duration of the Hire Period and covers the Vehicle, Vehicle Equipment, the Driver(s) and Permitted Passengers only, please ensure all drivers and passengers are named on the booking details. The cost of this insurance is included within the Hire Charge. The Customer’s personal property is not covered under such insurance. Travel insurance is the responsibility of the Customer. Any damage to tyres, windows and windscreens and any theft of personal property are not covered by the Company’s insurance, and any such damage shall be at the Customer’s expense
- The Insurance Company will in some cases, consider insuring drivers that do not meet the standard criteria in this instance there may be additional charges. You must contact us as soon as possible after booking if this is the case and we can liaise with the insurance provider. Any additional charges will be passed onto the Customer.
- Driving by non-named Drivers and any late returns of the Vehicle renders the insurance invalid and the Driver therefore commits an offence under the Road Traffic Act. Invalid insurance will mean you will be personally liable for any damage or personal injuries incurred to the vehicle or to any third party. Any accident or any damage to the Vehicle must be reported immediately by telephone and in any event within 24 hours. An accident form will be completed at the end of the hire period.
- Even though it may be covered by our insurance, you shall be liable to pay the cost of repair for any damage, which the Vehicle may suffer as the result of the wilful or negligent action. You must be aware of the height of the vehicle; you are responsible for all damage caused if driven under an obstruction that is too low for it to clear.
- Our Insurance Company does not cover any theft when the ignition keys are left in or on the insured vehicle, where the vehicle has not been properly locked/secured. Therefore, you are responsible for all loss or damage arising from theft whilst the ignition keys of the Vehicle have been left in or on the Vehicle, or it has not been properly locked.
- Use for Hire or reward is not permitted.
- Our insurance does not cover the cost of replacing lost or damaged keys. Therefore, you are responsible for the full cost of replacing lost or damaged keys.
- All current and previous motoring offences, including drink driving offences are to be disclosed upon Booking. Any current endorsements other than two x 3-point offences may incur an additional insurance surcharge. The insurance surcharge may vary depending on the offence endorsement code and when the endorsement was issued. Any insurance surcharge must be paid prior to the Hire commencement
- Wayside campervan hire reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to refuse permission to Drivers to drive the Vehicle, for whatever reason.
All speeding/parking/toll infringements and £30 processing fee for each speeding/parking/toll infringements transferred into the hirers name plus the cost of the fine where applicable. You must only use the Vehicle on made roads and cannot travel outside the UK with your vehicle. You are responsible for understanding and adhering to the laws of the UK. You must not drive or take the Vehicle on beaches, airfields or through streams, dams, rivers, flood waters or any other unsuitable surfaces. The full cost of repairing any damage to the underside of the vehicle caused by driving off road will be charged in full.
- A fee of £100 may be charged at our discretion if any evidence of smoking odours is found in the vehicle, plus the cost of any days the vehicle is off the road to enable cleaning
- The cost of repair of any damages caused during the duration of your hire or any 3rd party vehicles as per the terms of your rental agreement.
- Damage caused to the engine because of your failure during the Hire Period to regularly check oil and water levels, this should be undertaken at least at every fuel filling.
- The cost of replacing any items/equipment/fittings provided with your Vehicle which have been damaged or lost. This excludes fair wear and tear. The cost of this will be taken out of your insurance excess to pay for repair or replace and we will refund the balance, if any. We will only charge fair replacement costs.
- Refuelling cost if the Vehicle is not returned with a full fuel tank plus a £20 surcharge fee.
- Your Deposit/Insurance Excess can be used for both insurance claims and all other deductions stated in the rental agreement.
- In the event of damage caused to the vehicle ‘as well’ as an insurance claim made, the cost of the damage is taken out of the deposit first. Then any shortfall of the insurance excess is payable by you. The insurance excess security deposit taken by us, is for both damage caused and insurance excess, the deposit does not mean it covers all damage and insurance excesses, it is a ‘deposit only’, and further payment may be due depending on what damage has been caused and which excess is due to be paid to our insurer.
Although we are happy to allow pets in our campervans you will be responsible to pay for any damage caused by any pet in full. This will initially be taken from the insurance excess. An additional cleaning fee is also charged and payable in full before the hire period starts.
Every effort is made to ensure the Vehicle is in a roadworthy and safe condition prior to each Hire however in the unlikely event of a breakdown, the RAC Breakdown Cover is available and includes:
- Roadside help to repair the vehicle & if they cannot repair the vehicle, they will help to transport you to a destination of your choice within the UK.
- You will pay for an RAC call out when the vehicle hasn’t broken down due to a mechanical fault e.g. Being stuck in mud or having a flat battery due to charging items from the vehicle battery. We will be entitled to charge in circumstances where any request for a recovery and repair service is because of negligence, including but not limited to running out of fuel, wrong fuel used, keys locked inside the Vehicle or losing the Vehicle’s keys. Any breakdown, malfunction or damage caused by negligence must be repaired/made good at your expense.
- We are not under any circumstances responsible for any consequential expenses, curtailment of, or delay to the Period of Hire or any third-party claims for damages in connection with or consequent upon any accident or breakdown. We do not accept any responsibility for hotel or any other consequential expenses after a breakdown. However, we will refund the loss of any complete day’s use of the Vehicle providing you have documentation to support this claim.
- Whilst we will endeavour to make every effort to ensure the Vehicle is ready at the agreed time, circumstances may arise out of our control and we accept no liability other than, the refund of hire hours or days lost.
- Collection is from 2pm on the start day of the hire. Hand-over can take up to 30 minutes to transfer your possessions and cover all safety, training to use the vehicle and vehicle checks if not familiar with a campervan – please ensure you allow this time when collecting the vehicle and planning your journey.
- There is storage provided in the vans for all your belongings, but we recommend you bring your belongings in foldable bags to maximise storage space. We can store your empty suitcases for you if this is not possible.
- Your vehicle will be clean and in sound working order in accordance with the collection checklist, with a full tank and gas bottle.
- Your Vehicle must be returned on the date, and on or before the time stated on the hire agreement. Upon return we will check the vehicle for damage, cleanliness etc including condition of tyres and windscreen (other than normal wear and tear) which are not included in the insurance cover, any such damage being at the driver’s cost. The vehicle must be returned to us with a full tank of fuel and your possessions and rubbish removed, port aloo emptied by 11am on the last day of hire. An additional charge may be made for cleaning the interior. Any fuel shortage will incur a surcharge of £20.00 plus the cost of fuel for any shortage. The Customer is responsible for emptying the port-aloo prior to returning the vehicle, failure to do so will incur a surcharge of £50.00.
- For cancellation more than 6 weeks prior to the commencement of the Hire Period the Customer will forfeit the Booking Deposit, For cancellation less than 6 weeks prior to the commencement of the Hire Period or failure by the Customer to turn up for the commencement of the Hire Period the Customer will be liable for the full Hire Charge. The Insurance excess will be returned in full. We reserve the right to cancel the Booking before commencement of the Hire Period if the Named Driver(s) Licences are invalid or do not comply with the information stated on the Booking Form. In this case the Customer will forfeit the total Hire Charge.
- Cancellations made by Wayside camper van hire entails a 100% reimbursement of the total hire. Wayside campervan hire is not liable for any further costs incurred. We recommend you take out Travel Insurance to cover all eventualities if this may affect you. Wayside campervan hire reserves the right to cancel any booking within 48 hours of it being made. If cancelled an alternative option will be made available if you decide to not take up the alternative, then we will refund your hire in full.
- Should you decide to shorten your hire during the hire period, we are unable to refund any unused days.